Espresso Gelées with Candied Pistachios
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN plus 6 hr setting time
- SERVINGS: 4
The Good News Melissa Clark loves this dessert because "it's light, but feels very sinful." Greek yogurt and sugared pistachios add satisfying creaminess and crunch.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup freshly brewed espresso
- 1/4 cup 2-percent Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- MAKE THE TOPPING Preheat the oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, stir the granulated sugar with the hot water. Add the pistachios and turbinado sugar; stir to coat. Spread the pistachios on the cookie sheet and bake until crisp, about 8 minutes. Let cool, then break into pieces.
- In a small glass bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water and let stand until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir the sugar into the espresso until dissolved. Stir in the gelatin until dissolved and pour into 4 espresso cups. Refrigerate the gelées until set on top, about 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until thoroughly set, at least 4 hours longer.
- In a bowl, stir the yogurt with the confectioners' sugar. Top each gelée with a dollop of yogurt, sprinkle with the candied pistachios and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.