- SERVINGS: Makes 1 drink
"I'd always wanted to name a drink after the 1959 British beatnik movie Expresso Bongo," says Jeff Berry. After years of experimenting with syrups, he finally realized that actual coffee and fruit juices delivered the flavor he wanted.
- 2 ounces amber rum, preferably Barbados
- 3/4 ounce Simple Syrup
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh orange juice
- 1/2 ounce passion fruit nectar or juice
- 1/2 ounce chilled brewed espresso
- 1/4 ounce unsweetened pineapple juice
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients and shake well. Pour (don't strain) the drink into a chilled double rocks glass.