- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4 pounds escarole—cored, cut into 2-inch pieces, washed and dried
- In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the canola oil in a steady stream until incorporated; the dressing my separate and that's all right. Put the escarole in a large bowl and toss with the dressing 5 minutes before serving.