- 1/4 cup red quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey
- Fine sea salt
- 1 head of escarole, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 Granny Smith apple—halved, cored and thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
How to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook the quinoa just until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well and spread out on a baking sheet to cool.
In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the vinegar and honey. Season with salt and pepper. Add the escarole, apple, hazelnuts and quinoa and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and serve.