- 2 pounds large heirloom tomatoes—cored, halved lengthwise and thickly sliced into half-moons
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 pounds escarole, inner leaves only, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups Piave or Asiago cheese shavings
How to make this recipe
On a platter, season the tomatoes with salt and pepper. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of the oil; toss. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup of oil and the lemon juice. Add the escarole, season with salt and pepper and toss. Mound the escarole on a platter and top with the tomatoes and any accumulated juices. Scatter the cheese shavings on top and serve.