- 4 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped marjoram
- 2 heads of broccoli (2 pounds), cut into 1-inch florets only (stems reserved for another use)
- 2 medium heads of escarole, tender pale green and yellow leaves only, torn into large pieces
- 1/4 cup freshly grated dry Jack or Asiago cheese
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 450°. In a food processor, blend the anchovies, garlic, egg yolks and lemon juice. With the machine on, add 3/4 cup of the olive oil. Stir in the parsley and marjoram and season with salt.
On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil; spread in a single layer. Season with salt and roast for about 18 minutes, until the florets are just tender. Let cool slightly.
In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with the escarole and the dressing. Sprinkle with the cheese and serve.
The recipe can be prepared through Step 2 two days ahead; refrigerate the dressing and broccoli separately.