- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 heads of escarole, tough dark leaves discarded, inner leaves torn
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup snipped chives
- 1/4 cup tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons small mint leaves
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts only, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 Granny Smith apples—quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (from 1 large pomegranate)
- In a large salad bowl, whisk the lemon juice, yogurt, soy sauce and garlic until blended. Whisk in the olive oil in a thin stream and season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper. Add the escarole, parsley, chives, tarragon, mint, scallions and apples and toss until evenly coated. Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds on top and serve right away.
The vinaigrette can be refrigerated for up to 1 day.