- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely shredded basil
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary, plus whole sprigs for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Two 19-ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Two 6-ounce cans mackerel or tuna packed in olive oil, drained and broken up into large chunks
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Eight 1-inch-thick slices Italian peasant bread, grilled or toasted
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, basil, garlic, crushed red pepper and minced rosemary. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans with the mackerel and onion and toss gently. Add the dressing and toss again.
- Mound 1/4 cup of salad on each toast, garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.