- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 English muffins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
How to make this recipe
In a large heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium high heat until hot, the toast the English muffins in the oil, turning once, until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Let the English muffins cool to warm, then rub the cut sides of the bread with the garlic clove.
In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, yolk, anchovy paste, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil until emulsified. Toss the dressing with the lettuce then toss with the English muffin cubes and the cheese. Serve.