© Yunhee Kim
Endive, Radish and Lemon Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
This lemony, minty salad dresses up grilled poultry or lamb particularly well. A rich duck breast also matches the lemon nicely. For added flavor, toss in some thinly sliced preserved lemons with the fresh lemon.
Terrific Green Salads
- 2 lemons
- 4 Belgian endives—halved, cored and leaves thinly sliced crosswise or left whole
- 6 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 12 mint leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Using a sharp knife, peel the lemons, removing all of the bitter white pith. Working over a strainer, cut in between the membranes to release the sections; drain the juice and reserve for another use.
- In a large bowl, toss the endives with the lemon, radishes, mint and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and serve.