- 1 large shallot, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 serrano chile—halved lengthwise, stemmed and seeded
- 1 lime, halved crosswise
- Canola oil, for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 6 ounces baby arugula
- 2 red or white Belgian endives, cut crosswise into thin strips
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the broiler. Arrange the shallot, garlic, chile and lime on a small rimmed baking sheet, setting the chile and lime cut side down. Brush lightly with canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Broil 4 inches from the heat for about 3 minutes, until everything is well browned.
- Transfer the shallot, garlic and chile to a mini food processor. Scrape the lime pulp into the processor and puree for 1 minute. Add the olive oil and honey and puree again. Season the dressing with salt and pepper and transfer to a large bowl. Add the arugula and endives and toss with the dressing.