- Four 3/4-inch slices of a rustic or sourdough boule
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing and drizzling
- 2 endives—halved lengthwise, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 fresh apricots—halved, pitted and thinly sliced
- Shaved sheep-milk cheese, such as Manchego, and chopped marjoram, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Arrange the bread and pecans on a baking sheet. Brush the bread with some olive oil. Toast until the bread and pecans are golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Chop the pecans.
- In a medium bowl, toss the endives with the lemon juice and season with salt. Let stand until slightly wilted, about 3 minutes. Add the apricots and pecans and toss. Top the bread slices with the endive salad and garnish with cheese and marjoram. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Lively Spanish sparkling wine.