- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 pounds Velveeta, cubed
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 9 jalapeños, seeded and chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
How to make this recipe
Make the pico de gallo:
In a bowl, mix the tomatoes with the onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice and salt.
Make the queso:
In an enameled medium cast-iron casserole, melt the cheese with the milk over low heat, stirring often, until smooth, 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium skillet. Add the jalapeños and onion and cook over moderately high heat until softened, about 7 minutes. Stir in the cumin and salt.
Stir the jalapeño mixture into the melted cheese. Off the heat, stir in the pico de gallo. Serve hot with tortilla chips and lime wedges.