- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a roasting pan, toss the tomatoes and garlic with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the tomatoes cut side up and roast for 15 minutes; turn and roast until soft, 20 minutes. Let cool, then scrape the mixture into a blender and puree. Add the oregano.
- Set 4 shallow ovenproof bowls on a baking sheet. Strain the pureed sauce into the bowls, pressing on the solids. Crack 2 eggs into each bowl and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs and bake the eggs for about 15 minutes, until the whites are just set. Serve hot.
NotesOne serving 263 cal, 9 gm carb, 19 gm fat, 4.6 gm sat fat, 16 gm protein, 2 gm fiber.