- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 3 CUPS
This chunky sauce is delicious with kibbe; if the eggplant is finely chopped, the sauce becomes a tasty dip for raw vegetables, toasted pitas or crackers.
Plus: More Appetizer Recipes and Tips
- One medium eggplant, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups plain whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Brush the eggplant slices on both sides with the olive oil and arrange on a lightly oiled rimmed baking sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until very soft and lightly browned. Let the eggplant cool slightly, then transfer the slices to a cutting board and chop coarsely. In a medium bowl, combine the eggplant with the yogurt and garlic and season with salt. Serve at room temperature.