© Jonathan Lovekin
Eggplant Noodle Salad
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 2
To maximize Chinese eggplant's texture and flavor, F&W's Kay Chun steams thin slices, then tosses them with soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, basil and just a little bit of oil.
Slideshow: More Noodle Salad Recipes
- 4 ounces glass noodles
- 3 Chinese eggplants (1 pound), thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 Kirby cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook the noodles until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water until cool, then drain well. Transfer to bowls.
- In a steamer basket set over a pot of boiling water, steam the eggplants until tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Add the cucumber, oil, ginger, basil, soy sauce and vinegar; season with salt and pepper and toss. Serve over the noodles.