- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Rambutan Curry Paste
- 1 1/2 pounds eggplant, cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the tomato, garlic and ginger and cook over moderate heat, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the curry and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in the eggplant. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Add a pinch each of salt and pepper, cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the eggplant is tender, about 8 minutes.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggplant to a bowl. Boil the cooking liquid over high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 3 minutes. Return the eggplant to the pan and reheat it. Season with salt and pepper and serve.