- 1 medium eggplant
- 4 jarred red bell peppers (12 ounces), drained
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Kosher salt
- Grilled skirt or flank steak, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Roast the eggplant over a gas flame, turning occasionally, until charred all over and tender within, 6 minutes. Discard the stem and skin.
- In a food processor, pulse the eggplant with the peppers, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and parsley until chunky. Transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Serve with steak.