- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound Japanese eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
How to make this recipe
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and then stir in the eggplant. Cook for 3-5 minutes, turning occasionally, until the eggplant is seared. Remove eggplant from the pan and set aside.
Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet then and then stir in the onions and garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until soft and then stir in the ground pork. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the pork is browned.
Stir in the zucchini, chili garlic sauce, fish sauce and rice vinegar. Cook for 3 minutes or until the zucchini is tender. Stir in the eggplant and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until heated through and eggplant has absorbed some of the sauce.
Black pepper and serve warm.