Egg Sandwich with Mustard Greens and Avocado
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 pound mustard greens, thick stems discarded and leaves coarsely chopped
- Sea salt
- 1 large Hass avocado, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 8 slices of whole-grain bread, toasted and buttered
- Hot sauce
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil until shimmering. Add the greens and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until tender, 1 1/2 minutes; season with salt. Transfer the greens to a bowl and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado. Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Crack the eggs into the pan and season with salt. Cook over moderate heat until the whites are crisp, about 1 minute. Flip the eggs and cook until the whites are firm and the yolks are runny, 2 minutes longer.
- Spread the avocado on 4 of the toast slices. Top with the greens and fried eggs and sprinkle with the hot sauce. Close the sandwiches, cut in half and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.