- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 pounds bulk breakfast sausage
- 1 large Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons chopped thyme
- Freshly ground pepper
- 20 large eggs, beaten
- One 11-ounce log fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Crusty bread and softened butter, for serving
How to make this recipe
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook over high heat until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain.
Divide the sausage and onion between 2 large nonstick or cast-iron skillets and cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until the sausage is browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the potatoes and thyme to the skillets and season with pepper. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are heated through, about 5 minutes.
Add the eggs to the skillets and season lightly with salt. Cook over moderately low heat, stirring gently, until the eggs are nearly set, about 3 minutes. Add the goat cheese in lumps and fold them in. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with bread and butter.
Fragrant, slightly sweet Moscato d'Asti: 2008 Oddero.