- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 a medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons dill fronds
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make this recipe
Bring the stock, ginger, and 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to a boil in a medium saucepan.
Stir together the soy and corn starch, then whisk into the broth and boil until the soup is slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from heat.
Whisk together the eggs, sesame oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, then pour the eggs into the hot broth in a slow stream, whisking constantly to scatter the eggs as they cook.
Season the soup with salt to taste. Stir together the shallot, vinegar, cucumber, dill, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and serve the salad with the soup.