- 4 large eggs
- Two 1-ounce bags of potato chips, coarsely crushed (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Serrano ham
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped piquillo peppers
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the broiler and position a rack 8 inches from the heat. Beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Transfer half of the beaten eggs to another bowl, stir in the crushed potato chips and let stand until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining beaten eggs, Serrano ham and piquillo peppers and season with pepper.
- In a small nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the egg mixture and cook over moderately high heat until the bottom is set and golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the broiler and broil for about 2 minutes, or until the top of the tortilla is golden and the center is slightly jiggly. Slide the tortilla onto a plate, cut in quarters and serve.
A simple white with good acidity and no oak is ideal for balancing the salty ham.