- 8 thick bacon slices
- Eight 1/2-inch-thick slices best-quality white bread
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons harissa
- 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp, about 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels and cut each piece in half crosswise.
- Arrange the bread on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil. Fry the eggs over moderate heat until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny, about 2 minutes. Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Spread the harissa on the toasted bread. Top 4 pieces of the bread with the bacon, cilantro and fried eggs. Gently break the yolks, close the sandwiches and serve immediately.
Contributed By Isaac Becker