Edamame with Smoky Salt
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1 1/2 teaspoons loose Lapsang souchong tea
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- One 14-ounce package frozen edamame pods
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a spice grinder or mini food processor, combine the tea and salt and grind to a fine powder.
- Put the edamame in a large microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at high power until tender, about 5 minutes. Let the edamame stand covered for 1 minute. Alternatively, put the edamame in a saucepan with 1/2 inch of water, cover and boil for 5 minutes, until tender.
- Drain the edamame and transfer them to a serving bowl. Toss with the olive oil, season with some of the smoky salt and serve hot.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.