Easy Three-Cheese Lasagna
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Mozzarella, cheddar and fontina combine to make this classic lasagna extra creamy and indulgent.
- Olive oil, for coating baking dish
- 9 to 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Zest of 1 fresh lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces grated mozzarella
- 6 ounces grated sharp cheddar
- 6 ounces grated fontina cheese
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly coat a 2-quart baking dish with olive oil and set aside.
- Cook lasagna noodles until al dente according to package instructions. Rinse under cold water until cool. Lay the cooked pasta flat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg, Parmigiano-Reggiano, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine the mozzarella, sharp cheddar and fontina cheeses together. Set aside.
- Spread a light layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Lay 3 to 4 lasagna noodles lengthwise over the sauce.
- Layer one-third of the remaining tomato sauce over the lasagna noodles. Layer half of the ricotta cheese over the sauce and then spread one-third of the three-cheese mixture. Repeat this pattern: noodles, sauce, ricotta cheese, cheese mixture. Add a final layer of lasagna noodles, then add remaining tomato sauce and remaining 3-cheese mixture.
- Bake lasagna for about 45 minutes or until the top cheese is melted and golden.
- Remove from oven; allow to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.