© Antonis Achilleos
- ACTIVE: 1 HR
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 40 ravioli
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon semolina flour, plus more for dusting
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, pulse the flour with the salt, nutmeg and the 1 tablespoon of semolina. Add the eggs and pulse until incorporated. With the machine on, add the olive oil in a thin stream and process just until moistened crumbs form. Turn the crumbs out onto a semolina-dusted work surface and knead just until a smooth dough forms. Wrap the dough in plastic and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces and cover with plastic wrap. Work with 1 piece at a time: Flatten the dough into a 5-by-4-inch oval, about 1/2 inch thick. Dust lightly with semolina. Roll the dough through a hand-cranked pasta machine at the widest setting. Fold the dough in thirds (like a letter), then run it through the machine at the same setting, folded edge first. Repeat the folding and rolling once more. Roll the dough through at successively narrower settings, two times per setting, until it is thin enough for you to see the outline of your hand through it. Lay the dough out on a work surface lightly dusted with semolina.
- Brush any semolina off the dough. Select a shape from the three options below. Fill and cut the ravioli according to the instructions; transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet lightly dusted with semolina. Repeat with the remaining pasta dough and filling.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook half of the ravioli over high heat until al dente, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the ravioli to a platter. Repeat with the remaining ravioli and serve.
Make AheadThe uncooked ravioli can be frozen for up to 1 month. Freeze on a large baking sheet in a single layer, then transfer the ravioli to resealable plastic bags.
Serve WithWarmed tomato sauce or freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and melted butter.