- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon crumbled fenugreek leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon dried mint
- 1/2 tablespoon dried dill
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Four 6-ounce skin-on red snapper fillets
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges and greens, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a shallow bowl, whisk the flour with the fenugreek, mint, dill, thyme, cayenne and turmeric. Season the fish with salt and pepper; dredge in the flour.
In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the fish skin side down and press with a spatula to flatten. Cook over moderately high heat until the skin is browned, 4 minutes. Turn the fish and cook until white throughout, 2 minutes longer. Serve with lemon wedges and greens.
Pair this beautiful fish with a crisp but full-bodied Chardonnay, like one from ?Chablis.