Easy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 18 to 24
These soft and chewy cookies are simple to make and can be modified easily with a variety of additional ingredients, so they're interesting every time.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter, sugars and eggs with an electric beater until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour, baking soda, vanilla, sea salt and cinnamon and mix until just combined. Stir in the oats, raisins and optional walnuts, coconut and/or chocolate chips until just combined.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet, 9-12 cookies per sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until they are slightly brown along the edges but still soft in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer them to a baking sheet to finish cooling.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.