- One 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained, 1 tablespoon of the liquid reserved
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sweet smoked paprika
- Kosher salt
- Pita chips or crudités, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a food processor, combine the chickpeas with the liquid, garlic, lemon juice and tahini and puree to a chunky paste. Scrape down the side of the bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the paprika and puree until smooth. Season the hummus with salt, drizzle with olive oil and serve with pita chips or crudités.
The hummus can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
One serving 119 cal, 19 gm carb, 6 gm fat, 0.7 gm sat fat, 5 gm protein, 5 gm fiber.