© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
It doesn’t get much simpler than this 15-minute dish, which combines fresh, creamy avocado with lime juice, tomato and cilantro for a crowd-pleasing classic.
Slideshow: Great Guacamole Recipes
- 3 large ripe Hass avocados, halved, pitted, and scooped out
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- In a bowl, mash the avocado with a fork until it is nearly at your desired consistency. Stir in the lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Gently fold in the tomatoes. Serve immediately or else press a piece of plastic wrap flush into the top of the guacamole, refrigerate and serve preferably within 24 hours.