- 1/2 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
How to make this recipe
- In a standing mixer or food processor, beat the cheese, butter, celery seeds, Worcestershire, dry mustard, Tabasco and cayenne on medium speed or process until smooth. Add the flour and beat on low speed or process until combined. Gather the dough into a ball and knead a few times on a lightly floured surface. Shape the dough into a 12-inch log, wrap in plastic and refrigerate until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Sprinkle 2 baking sheets with the salt. Slice the log 1/4 inch thick and arrange the slices 1 inch apart on the baking sheets. Bake the wafers for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom and around the edges. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool before serving.
The wafers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.