- ACTIVE: 35 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
- 12 chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet Asian chile sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha chile sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat the broiler. In a bowl, toss the chicken wings with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the wings on a rack set over a baking sheet and broil 10 to 12 inches from the heat for about 45 minutes, turning once or twice, until golden, crisp and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the vinegar with the brown sugar, soy sauce, sweet chile sauce, Sriracha, ginger and half of the scallions and puree until very smooth. Transfer the sauce to a large saucepan and boil over high heat until thick and glossy, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken wings to the sauce and cook, tossing gently, until glazed, about 3 minutes. Transfer the wings to a platter and garnish with the remaining scallions and the sesame seeds.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.