Easiest Chicken Tacos
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Easy and fast, these tacos are great for a weeknight dinner. Adding jalapeño to the chicken gives it a nice, unexpected heat.
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 small jalapeño, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Warm corn tortillas, shredded pepper jack cheese, guacamole and cilantro leaves, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a medium baking dish, toss the chicken with the jalapeño and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake for about 10 minutes, until hot.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the cabbage with the lemon juice, lime juice, hot sauce and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, fill warm corn tortillas with the chicken, cabbage, cheese, guacamole and cilantro.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.