- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 red Thai chiles, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound duck breast, skin discarded and meat cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 large shrimp, shelled and deveined (about 10 ounces)
- Sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- Small cilantro leaves, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the salt, cumin seeds, peanut oil and cilantro. Season with a pinch of salt and toss to evenly coat the duck and shrimp. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast the cumin seeds over moderately low heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
- In a wok, heat the peanut oil until shimmering. Add the duck and shrimp and stir-fry over high heat until the duck is golden and medium-rare and the shrimp are just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Season with sea salt and transfer to a serving plate.
- Scatter the toasted cumin on top and garnish with the cilantro leaves.