Dried Plum and Garlic Compote
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 1/2 CUPS
This sweet and sour condiment can be served with the appetizers as well as with the main course.
- 1 cup moist pitted prunes (about 6 ounces), quartered
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 dried red chile
- In a medium saucepan, combine the prunes, chicken stock, onion, garlic, vinegar and chile and bring to a boil over moderate heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens, about 15 minutes. Discard the chile. Season with salt and serve warm or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.