- 1 cup moist pitted prunes (about 6 ounces), quartered
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 dried red chile
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, combine the prunes, chicken stock, onion, garlic, vinegar and chile and bring to a boil over moderate heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens, about 15 minutes. Discard the chile. Season with salt and serve warm or at room temperature.
The compote can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Let return to room temperature before serving.