- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup diced dried apricots (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, apricots, sugar, shallot and garlic and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the apricots are soft and coated in a light syrup, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in both mustards and season with salt. Let cool completely. Stir in tablespoons of water before serving if the mostarda is too thick.
The mostarda can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.