© John Kernick
Double-Nutty Farro with Radishes
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This healthy, hearty dish combines chewy bites of farro with deliciously toasted nuts in a fresh, lemony dressing.
Slideshow: More Farro Recipes
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mixed chopped nuts, such as walnuts and almonds
- 3 cups cooked farro
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons snipped chives
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the nuts and toast over low heat, stirring frequently, until golden and fragrant, 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in the farro and 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the farro is lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the farro to a bowl. Stir in the lemon juice, radishes, chives and the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil; season with salt and pepper.