Double-Grilled Antipasto Sandwiches
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
These gooey sandwiches get double-grilled: the prosciutto-wrapped provolone is grilled first before being sandwiched on grilled baguette. “In a pinch, I’ll use Polly-O string cheese instead of provolone,” says Grace Parisi.
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto (overlapping on 4 sheets of deli paper)
- 1/2 pound soft provolone, sliced 3/4 inch thick and cut into 3-inch sticks
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1 large baguette, split and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 large garlic clove, halved
- 1/2 pound marinated artichokes, drained and thickly sliced
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, cut into strips
- On a work surface, lay out the prosciutto on its paper. Lay 3 of the provolone sticks across the bottom of each “sheet” of prosciutto. Roll the prosciutto tightly around the cheese and cut each roll into 3 pieces (you should have about 12 total). Thread the rolls onto 2 pairs of skewers and brush with oil.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the cut sides of the baguette with oil. Grill the bread over moderately high heat, turning once or twice, until toasted, about 5 minutes. Rub the cut side of the garlic on the inside of the bread and top with the artichokes and roasted peppers. Grill the prosciutto and cheese skewers, turning, until the cheese is melted, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove the rolls from the skewers and arrange them on the bread. Close the sandwiches and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.