- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 1
John DeBary reimagines the classic Martinez (gin, vermouth, maraschino liqueur and orange bitters) with Balvenie DoubleWood single malt. The Scotch gets a distinctive flavor from aging in two kinds of wood—first in traditional whisky barrels, then in sherry casks.
- 1 ounce single-malt Scotch
- 3/4 ounce Lustau East India Solera sherry
- 1/4 ounce maraschino liqueur
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- 1 orange twist, for garnish
- In a mixing glass, combine the Scotch, sherry, maraschino liqueur and bitters; fill with ice and stir well. Strain into a chilled coupe and garnish with the orange twist.