© Marie Hennechart
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 6
To make this super-simple side dish, Mehmet Gürs roasts new potatoes until they're tender then tosses them with a black-olive puree that coats them nicelyand looks a lot like dirt.
More Delicious Potato Dishes
- 2 pounds small new potatoes, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, large ones halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Spread the potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with the oil and toss to coat. Bake for about 45 minutes, until crisp and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a mini food processor, puree the olives. Scrape the puree over the potatoes and toss well; transfer to a bowl and serve hot or at room temperature.