- 1 pound string beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Bring a nonreactive saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the beans and cook over moderate heat until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes; drain.
Melt the butter in the saucepan. Add the beans and dill and sauté over moderately high heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and serve.