Dilled Celery and Trout Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Jerry Traunfeld is gifted at combining exciting textures and flavors, as in this crunchy, sweet and smoky main-course salad.
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 celery ribs, thinly sliced (3 cups)
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 2 smoked trout fillets (1/2 pound), skinned and flaked
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the walnuts in a pie plate and toast until fragrant and golden, about 7 minutes. Let cool slightly, then break into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar with the mustard. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and walnut oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the celery, parsley, dill, currants and trout and toss gently. Add the walnuts, toss gently and serve.
Juicy warm-climate rosé.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.