- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 celery ribs, thinly sliced (3 cups)
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 2 smoked trout fillets (1/2 pound), skinned and flaked
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the walnuts in a pie plate and toast until fragrant and golden, about 7 minutes. Let cool slightly, then break into small pieces.
In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar with the mustard. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and walnut oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the celery, parsley, dill, currants and trout and toss gently. Add the walnuts, toss gently and serve.
Juicy warm-climate rosé.