- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dill seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
How to make this recipe
- Heat the oven to 425°. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, dill seeds, and salt. Cut or rub in the butter until the mixture is the texture of coarse meal with a few pea-size pieces remaining. Stir in the cream with a fork just until the dough comes together.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough gently just until smooth, about 5 times. Roll the dough 3/4 inch thick. Using a 2-inch round cutter, stamp out circles of the dough. Put them, about 1/2 inch apart, on an ungreased baking sheet. Roll out the scraps in the same way. Stamp out more circles and put them on the baking sheet.
- Bake the biscuits in the middle of the oven until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.