- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN Plus overnight pickling
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 quart
These incredibly simple pickles have just the right amount of garlic and dill and are intensely crunchy and refreshing right out of the refrigerator.
- 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon dill seeds
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 pounds kirby cucumbers, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped dill
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- In a large, heatproof measuring cup, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard seeds, coriander seeds and dill seeds with the hot water and stir until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Let the brine cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the cucumbers with the dill and garlic. Pour the brine over the cucumbers and turn to coat. Place a small plate over the cucumbers to keep them submerged, then cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the pickles overnight, stirring once or twice. Serve cold.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.