- 32 ounces unsweetened apple cider
- 10 ounces spiced rum, preferably Sailor Jerry
- 8 ounces white rum, such as Plantation 3 Stars
- 4 ounces overproof rum, preferably Smith & Cross
- 5 ounces Simple Syrup
- 1/2 small cinnamon stick
- 12 ounces heavy cream
- 1/4 ounces absinthe
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 dashes of Angostura bitters
How to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan, warm the apple cider, rums, Simple Syrup and cinnamon stick over moderately low heat for 20 minutes; do not let the rum punch boil.
Meanwhile, beat the heavy cream, absinthe, sugar and bitters to firm peaks.
Discard the cinnamon stick and ladle the rum punch into warmed mugs or heatproof glasses. Spoon the whipped cream on top.