- 1/2 cup Armagnac or Cognac
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 thyme sprigs plus 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 18 pitted prunes
- Freshly ground pepper
- 18 thin slices of pancetta (about 3/4 pound)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, combine the Armagnac with the water, thyme sprigs and garlic. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat. Add the prunes and season lightly with pepper. Let stand until cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Remove the prunes from the soaking liquid and pat dry. Set a prune in the center of each pancetta slice. Sprinkle with the thyme leaves and season with pepper. Roll up the prunes in the pancetta and set the bundles seam side down on a parchment paperlined baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the prunes are hot and the pancetta is crisp. Serve with toothpicks.
Contributed By Adam Penney