- 1 ounce Tanqueray Malacca gin or Old Tom gin
- 3/4 ounce Raspberry Syrup (see Notes) or Small Hand Foods raspberry gum syrup
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Batavia-Arrack van Oosten (spicy, citrusy, rum-like spirit)
- 1/2 ounce Amaro Lucano
- Small pinch of cayenne pepper
- Ice cubes, plus crushed ice for serving
- 1 mint sprig, for garnish
- 3 raspberries, for garnish
How to make this recipe
In a cocktail shaker, combine the gin, Raspberry Syrup, lime juice, Batavia-Arrack, amaro and cayenne pepper. Fill the shaker with ice cubes and shake well. Strain into a chilled, crushed-ice-filled tiki mug or tall glass. Garnish with the mint sprig and raspberries.
Raspberry Syrup: In a medium saucepan, combine 4 ounces water with 3/4 cup superfine sugar and 1 1/2 cups raspberries. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes, smashing the raspberries. Remove from the heat and let stand for 30 minutes. Strain the syrup into a jar, cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days. Makes about 8 ounces.