- 16 fresh oysters, shucked (reserve the juices and 8 shells)
- 3 shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 strips thick-cut, smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped fine (yolks and whites separated)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco
- 1/4-1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt to taste
- Parsley sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat broiler. Reserve the oyster juice in a large mixing bowl. Chop the oysters, basically cutting each oyster into four pieces and reserve.
- Add remaining ingredients to the oyster juice in mixing bowl. Mix well and fold in reserved oysters.
- Divide deviled oyster mixture among the 8 reserved oysters shells. Place oysters on sheet pan and place under broiler. Broil 4-5 minutes or until well browned on top. Remove from oven.
- Place 2 oysters on each plate. Portion a small amount of Sour Mango Slaw next to oysters. Drizzle with Tabasco Butter Sauce. Garnish with parsley sprigs. Serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.