- 16 fresh oysters, shucked (reserve the juices and 8 shells)
- 3 shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 strips thick-cut, smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped fine (yolks and whites separated)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco
- 1/4-1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt to taste
- Parsley sprigs, for garnish
How to make this recipe
Preheat broiler. Reserve the oyster juice in a large mixing bowl. Chop the oysters, basically cutting each oyster into four pieces and reserve.
Add remaining ingredients to the oyster juice in mixing bowl. Mix well and fold in reserved oysters.
Divide deviled oyster mixture among the 8 reserved oysters shells. Place oysters on sheet pan and place under broiler. Broil 4-5 minutes or until well browned on top. Remove from oven.
Place 2 oysters on each plate. Portion a small amount of <a href="http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/sour-mango-slaw">Sour Mango Slaw</a> next to oysters. Drizzle with <a href="http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/tabasco-butter-sauce">Tabasco Butter Sauce</a>. Garnish with parsley sprigs. Serve.