Deviled Ham Salad on Marbled Rye Bread
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 4 sandwiches or 16 tea sandwiches
- 1/2 pound smoked ham, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Hot sauce and salt, for seasoning
- 8 slices bakery-style marbled rye bread, crusts removed, or 32 slices cocktail rye
- 1 1/2 cups alfalfa sprouts
- Put the ham in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer the ham to a medium bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, parsley, jalapeño, mustard and paprika and season the deviled ham salad with hot sauce and salt.
- Lay half of the bread slices on a work surface and spread them with the deviled ham. Top with the sprouts and close the sandwiches. If making larger sandwiches, quarter them before serving.
A juicy Italian rosato is full of fruity flavordelicious with the salty, smoky deviled ham.