© Tina Rupp
Deviled Ham Salad on Marbled Rye Bread
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: makes 4 sandwiches or 16 tea sandwiches
- 1/2 pound smoked ham, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Hot sauce and salt, for seasoning
- 8 slices bakery-style marbled rye bread, crusts removed, or 32 slices cocktail rye
- 1 1/2 cups alfalfa sprouts
- Put the ham in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer the ham to a medium bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, parsley, jalapeño, mustard and paprika and season the deviled ham salad with hot sauce and salt.
- Lay half of the bread slices on a work surface and spread them with the deviled ham. Top with the sprouts and close the sandwiches. If making larger sandwiches, quarter them before serving.
Make AheadThe deviled ham can be refrigerated overnight.
A juicy Italian rosato is full of fruity flavordelicious with the salty, smoky deviled ham.